Things with which I am currently besotted:
- This blog: my scandinavian home. A heap of my heritage is Swedish, and I’ve always been fascinated by the stark-yet-homey crispness of Scandinavian design. So elegant. Love.
- This superhero: Thor! I enjoyed the movie to bits (except that the villains looked like Teletubbies in their masks, and I just can’t unsee it). And then at Disneyland, my husband and I saw replicas of movie props and had a photo op with a costumed young man we’re calling “Mall Thor,” and I squealed like a tween with Bieber Fever.
- That said, I would watch a Sif and the Warriors Three movie on repeat forever.
- Origami. Which I am documenting here, including the destruction of my creations by my cats.
- OPI’s fall/winter 2013 collection, “San Francisco.” My nails are now all foggy and creative.
- Gail Simone’s run of Red Sonja, especially the woman-drawn variant covers. Simone’s Sonja is satisfyingly angsty and pulpy, and I’ve enjoyed every issue so far. My runner up for comic-of-the-moment is Oni Press’s contribution to weird Americana, The Sixth Gun.
- And, Turbine releases an expansion for my beloved Lord of the Rings Online today. Helm’s Deep, I am soon to be in you!